Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What happend to all the gentleman

So today i calculated that today would be just like everyday of my uneventful life as a single girl. Every morning, wake up...workout....eat breakfast....get ready for work. For the past couple of months this has been the standard routine.



Then today I wake up and realize that this shit is just plain boring...As a woman of a certain age (ok im only 23, going on 24) I shouldn't feel this discontent with my life. So i prayed and tweeted that I hoped some excitement be brought to my humdrum life. And what do u think happen to me today? FLOWERS at my job.



Im sitting at work with my friend and this guy's like um i have a delivery for whitney billups...im like arrrgghhhh? Me? Umm you've clearly made a mistake mister, cause ummm yea.... but no they were for me.



I was so surprised that lil ol' me received something special. But ladies...this is disturbing. Romanticism is dead and gone. Women no longer expect good things to come to them, cause most guys (well this has been my experience) could give a shit about "making your day". What's up with that?



So then i thought, hmmm....its also been my experience that I've dealt with good for nothing men who could not only give a crap about you, but they don't even really care about their selves. Its just all to apparent to me that I've been dealing with the wrong men.



This is why I'm single. No more will I allow myself to fall in love with a man who doesn't believe in being a hopeless romantic. I'm a hopeless romantic. That's just who I am. And I will not settle until I find someone who is on the same page as me.



Oh and about the person who gave me flowers...well he's a friend. A really, really good friend. And for right now, that's all imma say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment